The Ultimaker Core Lessons: STEAM Set will get you up and running with designing for 3D printing and with using your Ultimaker printer.
Whether you teach K12, Higher Ed, or work in an informal learning environment, integrating 3D Printing into your teaching practice will help you meet the following objectives:
- Encourage your students to be more responsible for their own learning outcomes, or put another way, support personal student exploration in the pursuit of a learning objective.
- Provide powerful learning aids, like Design Thinking techniques.
- Build cooperative learning opportunities.
- Build resiliency by taking advantage of rapid prototyping and testing techniques.
- Develop communication skills through continuous documentation and sharing.
Key Lesson Objectives
|Produce a digital model||√||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Design and measure with precision||√||√||√||√||√|
|Demonstrate how to align objects||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Understand and execute boolean operations||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Prepare a model for 3D printing||√||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Modify print job with Cura plugins||√|
|Employ tolerances & offsets||√||√|
|Experiment, generate solutions, and solve problems||√||√||√||√|
|Produce a 3D model from a 2D design||√||√|
|Understand geometry and geometry transformations||√|
|Understand and incorporate components||√||√|