Scan In a Box
the complete 3D scanning solution
Scan in a Box is the Structured Light 3D Scanner with the highest performance but within everyone’s means. It has a mobile, adaptable structure and a simple configuration, useful to obtain quick high resolution 3d scans. The combination of these scans recreates the chosen 3D model, visible from a 360° view. It is the perfect complement of a 3D printer.
Compact and portable
Scan in a Box is a modular and versatile product. It’s composed by an aluminum bar, in which are carved the pre- established positions for the cameras, that holds the three stands: the one in the middle is for the projector and has to be stiffly fixed, the two on the sides are for the cameras, which width can be set to establish the scanning area. All these components are mounted on a adjustable tripod that has an ergonomic joystick head. The cable connections are located on the rear of the device and are kept together with a band that comes with the kit. Moreover, are also included all the tools necessary for correctly mounting the device and the instruction manual.
High- precision and high- speed at a competitive cost
New Structured Light Technology
Modular asset, easy to set
- x2 industrial cameras and stand
- x2 industrial objective
- HD video projector and stand
- USB pen drive equipped with IDEA the software (unlimited license)
- Aluminum bar with 2 fastening plates
- Cables with band and screws
- Professional tripod with bag for transport
- Calibration master (fields form 100x80mm to 400x300mm) with stand
- Start Guide (digital and hard copy), Software Manual (digital only)
- Scanner Dimensions: 400x105x92 mm
- Packaging Dimensions: 470x440x120 mm
- Packaging Weight: 5,5Kg
- Time for Scanning: approx. 4 seconds per scan
- Resolution/Precision: till 0.1% accuracy compared with the scanned object
- Mesh Density: until 10 million vertexes per model
- File Exporting formats: OBJ, STL, PLY, OFF
- PC with Operating System Windows 7 / 8 / 10 – 64 bit
- CPU Quad Core 2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, VGA (NVIDIA GeForce)
- x2 free USB2 ports that can supply 500mA energy each
- x1 free HDMI port
IDEA the Software
IDEA the Software for 3D scanning is Scan in a Box’s scanning and editing program. The software is included in the bundle for free and it has an unlimited license. It is user-friendly and intuitive: the user can work on an object from a 360° view, creating, in a few minutes, a mesh that can be exported in the most common CAD file format (.stl, .ply, .obj)
Scan in a Box 3D Scanner has been created to simplify the work process of Designers and Architects. The 3D recreation of an object has many applications in the field of Digital Fabrication: reverse engineering, research and development, 3D modeling, rapid prototyping. Scan in a Box makes it simple and economical design and reproduce your own concepts with a 3D printer.
ART & CULTURE HERITAGE
The recreation of artistic and historical 3D models has never been so easy! With Scan in a Box, it’s possible to store entire collections into 3D catalogues, work on the reconstruction and restoration of historical artifacts or extend the 3D technology to handicraft fields, like sculpture and manufacture.
Scan in a Box can revolutionise the field of hobbies and 3D making: the manual processes use for Model Building, by the Makers in the Fablabs can be now integrated with the 3D scanning technology. The 3D Scanner gives the possibility to find new ways of promotion, communication and passions’ sharing.