THE ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK3S IS THE “BEST 3D PRINTER” ACCORDING TO ALL3DP.COM AND MAKE: MAGAZINE, WHERE MK3S ALSO RECEIVED “EDITOR’S CHOICE” AS THE HIGHEST-RATED 3D PRINTER IN 2019 DIGITAL FABRICATION GUIDE. THE MK3S FEATURES A REBUILT EXTRUDER, NUMEROUS SENSORS, AND VARIOUS SMART FEATURES. PLUS, A NEW MAGNETIC MK52 HEATBED WITH REPLACEABLE PEI SPRING STEEL PRINT SHEET. DOZENS OF VARIOUS TWEAKS AND UPGRADES IMPROVE THE RELIABILITY AND EASE OF USE.
WHAT WE ARE PROUD OF…
THE MOST SIGNIFICANT NEW FEATURES OF ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK3S
The new MK52 Magnetic HeatBed holds replaceable alloy spring steel sheet with PEI surface. You can choose between two types of sheets – smooth PEI sheet and textured powder coated PEI.
With the MK3S we are introducing the reworked Y axis from aluminum extrusion. It provides the same rigidity as some other printers while providing the sleek look of our milled Dural frame. The frame is also optimized to add 10 mm of Z height totaling at 210 mm.
SILENT & FASTER PRINTING
Thanks to the new Trinamic2130 drivers and Noctua fan, MK3S is extremely quiet in the stealth mode. But also in normal mode is the printer quieter than 99 % of the available printers. In normal mode, we have also increased the printing speed. Now you can achieve more than 200 mm/s!
Did you ever tripped over the extension cord and lost a 20-hours print? MK3S will save you! The printer can fully recover from the loss of power. It detects power interruption and shuts down the heatbed and extruder heating. After restoring the power, you can continue with printing.
With MK3S we are introducing a completely reworked extruder with a new filament sensor. The new sensor is using the optical sensor which is triggered by a simple mechanical lever. This sensor doesn’t care about the optical properties of the filament (it can be completely invisible) and cannot die because of mechanical wear.
RECOVER SHIFTED LAYERS
The new EINSY RAMBo motherboard with Trinamic drivers not only makes the MK3S silent but it also can detect skipped steps and layer shifting. This is a big step forward for the reliability of the printer and the user comfort. You can say goodbye to ugly prints!
The extruder is now upgraded to Bondtech drive gear. It grips the filament from both sides, increasing the push force and making the printer more reliable, especially for flexible filaments. Also, the print cooling fan now cools part from two sides, increasing the overall performance.
P.I.N.D.A. 2 PROBE
MK3S has two new thermistors. The first one measures ambient temperature on the electronics, preventing MINTEMP errors in rooms with 15°C or less. The second one is embedded in the new PINDA 2 probe to compensate temperature drift. So the first layer will always be spot on!
E3D V6 NOZZLE
E3D V6 is market-leading all metal hotend well known for its high-temperature performance. MK3S uses a custom heatbreak developed together with E3D. It has proven well its reliability in our Multi Material upgrade and continues to deliver great performance in surprisingly small form factor.
CHECK OUT THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO
ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK3 – ASSEMBLY TIMELAPSE
FULL FEATURES LIST
- Magnetic PEI powder coat spring steel sheet
- Brand new EINSY RAMBo motherboard
- Silent Trinamic drivers with 256 microstepping
- Max travel speed: 200 mm/s
- Sensorless homing for X and Y axes
- Improved frame rigidity with aluminium extrusions
- Power loss detection and recovery
- Better cooling from both sides of the object
- Optional WIFI with Octoprint interface included
- Bondtech extruder drive – filament is driven from both sides
- IR filament sensor
- Automatic loading of filament when filament is inserted
- Both extruder cooling fan and print cooling fan detect RPM. When extruder fan is blocked the printer will stop to prevent damage of extruder. Same applies for print cooling fan.
- Extra silent Noctua fan
- New P.I.N.D.A. 2 probe with included thermistor – faster temperature calibration
- Great build volume – 11.025 cm3 (25 x 21 x 21 cm or 9,84 x 8,3 x 8,3 in)
- Integrated LCD and SD card controller (8GB included)
- 0,4mm nozzle (easily changeable) for 1,75 mm filament
- Layer height from 0,05 mm
- Automatic mesh bed levelling
- Heatbed with cold corners compensation – for warpless 3D printing from any material
- Automatic skew axes compensation
- Hassle free PEI print surface – no glass, no glue, no ABS juice
- Supported materials – PLA, ABS, PET, HIPS, Flex PP, Ninjaflex, Laywood, Laybrick, Nylon, Bamboofill, Bronzefill, ASA, T-Glase, Carbon-fibers enhanced filaments, Polycarbonates…
- Easy multicolor printing based on layer height
- 1 kg (2 lbs) silver PLA filament included