3D Printing Functional prototypesThes3D
Save time and money by proving
a design before production
By using an Ultimaker to create functional prototypes, you’re able to test form, fit and function again and again with an accurate representation of the final product or part. It’s a smart and cost-effective way to design.
- Function and fit testing
- Confirm manufacturability
- Evaluate a design’s ergonomics and feel
Why choose an Ultimaker
for Functional Prototyping?
- You can speed up your route to market, shrinking development from months to days
- By testing an idea quickly, you’re able to refine it more often leading to better overall product
- There’s nothing like holding a real version of your product
- You can reduce risk by verifying design before tooling
- You’re able to create functional prototypes of all shapes and sizes, whatever their complexity
- It’s environmentally friendly using 90% of the raw material creating next to no waste at all
Thanks to 3D printing, manufacturing timelines are shrinking. Design to product timings are shorter, allowing for faster more refined innovations.